Version 2.1: This policy was last updated on 16th October 2018.
We may change this Policy from time to time so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes. Changes and clarifications will take effect immediately upon their posting on the website. If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you here that it has been updated, so that you are aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we use and/or disclose it.
By visiting the Robotical website, you agree that it’s okay for us to collect some information about your use of the site and to store a session cookie in your browser. The cookie doesn’t contain any personal information and simply lets our website remember your browser between requests.
By registering for an account, logging into or making an order on the Robotical website, you agree that it’s okay for us to collect, use and transfer your personal data under the terms of this policy. You also confirm that you are at least the age of majority in your state or place of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or place of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
If you’re not happy with this policy or don’t want to be bound by it any longer, please contact us using the details below and please do not continue to use or enter your details on the Robotical website.
At Robotical, we’re committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy explains how, when and why we collect, store and use personal data when you browse robotical.io (the “Robotical website”), purchase something from our store, create an account with us or otherwise provide your personal data to us.
Any questions regarding this Policy and our privacy practices should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing toRobotical Ltd, 19 (Upper) Arthur Street, Edinburgh, UK, EH6 5DA.
Alternatively, you can telephone
Who are we?
We’re Robotical Ltd, an Edinburgh-based robotics startup. Robotical Ltd is registered in Scotland (company registration number SC524016).
What do we mean by personal data?
When we say personal data, we mean any information, that identifies any person, that you provide to us when you make a purchase or register on the Robotical website or contained in any other information that you provide to us (or that you authorise a third party to give to us on your behalf).
Your personal data may also be contained in information that we collect about you in connection with your use of the Robotical website.
How do we collect your personal data?
We collect personal data in two ways:
Information you provide
This includes the information you provide, or that you authorise someone else to provide, when you make an order or purchase from our store, sign up for an account or to receive our emails, or when you answer questionnaires, surveys, enter competitions or provide information in your account profile, on the Robotical website, or during an enquiry about you and/or your purchase. It also includes information you provide when you complete any forms which you submit to us.
Examples of this personal data include your name, your email address, street address; and any correspondence when you contact us. It could also include your payment details (if it identifies a person) although it will never include payment card or bank account information.
Information we collect
We collect information about your website usage to improve our service and to understand trends. Some of this data may be personal data, where it identifies a person. Here’s the information that we collect and how we use it:
- We monitor patterns of usage, such as login dates, which buttons where clicked and forum posts, so we can understand how people are using the site, fond out what is and isn’t working and use that to develop and improve our products.
- We also monitor purchases so that we can tailor any communications we may send you. For example, we may tailor a newsletter with information about new products instead of products that you have already bought.
- For security reasons, and to aid in monitoring patterns of usage, we may log your IP address when you access the website. This like the postal or ZIP code to your computer on the Internet, and is usually temporarily assigned to your computer when connected to the Internet.
- We monitor traffic information when you visit our site or read our emails, including things like page visits, email clicks, purchases, referring sites, and video viewings. We use this information to improve our website, promotions, and to better understand customer behaviour.
Why do we collect your personal data?
We collect personal data to process your purchases and provide you a more personalised service from Robotical.
We may also collect personal data to help us better understand customer behaviour and enhance our products and services.
How do we use your personal data?
Personal data will only be used for the purpose that you gave it to us. For example, if you give us a phone number with an order, this will only be used to assist in the delivery of that order - so it will be passed to our shipping provider, but we won’t cold call you or add it to a marketing list!
Similarly, emails collected to identify your account won’t be added to our mailing list unless you ask us to, and emails in the list won’t be passed around to third parties or used elsewhere.
There are a number of ways we use your personal data:
Providing access to the Robotical website
We use your personal data to enable us to provide you with access to the Robotical website.
Improving our service
We will also use and analyse your personal data and purchase information so that we can administer, support, improve and develop our business, products, customer service and the features of the Robotical website and Robotical generally. We may use third parties to assist us in doing these things from time to time, and in those cases may pass on your personal data to them. We will only share your data with third parties that we trust, and where there are assurances in place as to how they will protect the data.
We monitor anonymous, aggregated information about account and purchase data so that we can produce insights. We may use them internally to improve our product and communications, or share with our board and investors.
We may also use, or permit selected third parties to use, your personal data to enable us to track and analyse Robotical website traffic and visitor trends and improve your browsing experience. For further details, please see our Cookies Policy. By using the Robotical website you are consenting to this use of your personal data. If you do not want us to use your personal data in this way, please see the Cookies Policy for more information.
We may use your personal data to contact you by email, fax, post, SMS, social media and/or telephone about your orders.
We may also use it to notify you about important changes or developments to Robotical products, or to let you know about our other Robotical and/or third party services, content, or product ranges which may be of interest to you.
For more info on when we will use your data for these purposes, check the section on consent. We won’t do anything that requires consent without obtaining it first.
If you change your mind about being contacted in the future, that’s no problem – just contact us using the details below or click the unsubscribe link in one of the emails.
We may contact you if the specific arrangement we have in place with a third party which impacts you is changing and/or coming to an end and to let you know what will take place next.
How can I control my personal data?
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you’ve given us your information for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for marketing, we will ask you directly for your consent. If you change your mind you can let us know by contacting us at the details below.
Additionally, If you would like to access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact us at email@example.com or by mail atRobotical Ltd.,
19 (Upper) Arthur Street,
Who do you share my information with?
We use some third-party services to help us manage and analyse your data. These include:
- Material Requirement Planning (MRP) System This allows us to manage our stock and ensure we’ve everything in place to fulfil your order.
- Customer messaging platform This allows us to manage all inbound customer queries and ensure the correct person responds to your question, and to help you out with our site and products.
- Analytics and Marketing Services will receive activity information, but not personal information. The third parties that provide advertising and marketing services have their own privacy policies and may be able to identify you (anonymously or otherwise) depending on other information you may have provided them.
Additionally, depending on your consent and/or suitability:
- Payment Service Provider (PSP) This allows us to process payments for your purchases. PSPs will only receive your details when you make a transaction, though anonymous behavioural analasys may be conducted pre-purchase to prevent fraud.
- Shipping providers This allows us to send your orders. Shipping providers only receive your details when an item is shipped, and will retain the data for a limited amount of time.
- Email Marketing Service This allows us to send you communications about your purchases and additional marketing communications. You may opt-in to this when signing up for an account, or through your account pagwe, or the list signup form in our foother.
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database This allows us to hold all your contact details and interactions with the company in one place. Companies placing large orders or that we have a contract with will be added; Individual customers are not.
We only provide third-parties with the information they need to allow them to provide the service we require. All of our third-party contractors adhere to the European GDPR’s privacy and data protections.
How do you protect my data?
We take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure your data is safe and is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed. Your data is only used for the purpose it was collected for, so we’ll never do something like use the address from an order to send you promotional mail.
We also undertake audits of all of our information collection and processing activities to ensure we stick to these rules, and to see if we can improve the way we handle data.
Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow Payment Card Industry Digital Security Standards, and implement additional generally accepted industry standards. Our website is only accessible over a HTTPS encrypted connection, and we will never ask for login details or payment information over an insecure HTTP connection.
What if the company is bought?
If we are bought by or merge with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to provide products to you.